Sharing The Gift Of Meditation – Grants
Sharing The Gift Of Meditation – Your Opportunity To Apply for a Grant
The World Community for Christian Meditation exists simply to share the gift of meditation, a gift it received through the teaching of John Main.
We are keen for more people to find out about meditation, help them develop their own personal and group practices and through this, reach out to the wider world. Through a generous legacy from Eileen Cox, a dedicated member of a group in Ealing, West London, we are inviting community members and organisations to apply for grants that relate to the following three objectives:
- To promote the understanding and practice of meditation. For example, is there a particular group of people you want to introduce to meditation? How can you do that?
- To encourage meditators to deepen their practice. For example, do you have ideas for helping people persevere and go deeper?
- To reach out to all parts of society in order to share the gifts that meditation brings. For example, do you particularly want to take meditation out to people and places beyond the reach of churches, or where traditional language isn’t readily understood.
Grants are available from £100 to £5000 or even more. If you are considering a larger project, discuss it first with Richard Broughton who can be contacted by email email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying for a grant, please ensure that you read through the three documents:
- Sharing the Gift of Meditation – A New Opportunity. General Introduction, and
- Sharing the Gift of Meditation – A New Opportunity, Grant Criteria and Guidance, and
- WCCM Sharing Stories
before filling out the application forms.
If you have any questions about the criteria, please contact Richard Broughton at firstname.lastname@example.org, Liz Watson on 07803 362253, or Roz Stockley on 07929 007808.
If you are a WCCM meditator and wish to apply for a grant up to £5000, please fill out this application form.
If you are applying for a grant in excess of £5000 or represent an organisation, please fill out this application form.
We have asked Church Urban Fund (CUF) to administer the grant-making process for us as they have extensive experience in this field, including staff and technology which is beyond the scope of WCCM in the UK. In line with this, all grant applications will be received and reviewed by CUF in the first instance to check for completeness and eligibility but after that all applications will be seen by WCCM in the UK.
Should your application be time critical, please mention this on your application otherwise we envisage a first stage response within two weeks and a second stage response within four weeks, after which funding will follow shortly.
After you have completed the application form, please send it to Gillian Bull Mott at CUF, by email at Gillian.BullMott@nearneighbours.org.uk.
If you have any questions about the grant-making process, please contact Gillian Bull Mott on 020 7898 1508, or email Gillian.BullMott@nearneighbours.org.uk.
Updated - May 2020